What a place!!!
It took a days travel, up early yesterday for a 90 minute flight to Iguazu which is now more than a strip cleared in the jungle and a red brick building to accommodate the usual airport paraphernalia in a basic way. Still it did the job, first we crossed the border into Brazil then got to walk to the falls. It's impressive from a distance but when you get close its just amazing. You get soaked from the spray created by the fall and the noise and the beauty of it all. It's just glorious. You can go up in a helicopter and go in a boat. The boat I anticipate would be better than the helicopter as it takes you in behind the waterfall. You get to appreciate it close up.
There's a walkway they allows you to see the falls in all its glory and eventually allows you to walk out over the falls. Being so close to that power, wow. It's beyond words really.
So we're in this hotel in the middle of the.jungle, nothing else is around. This is a feat in its own right managing to build and to keep this running. It's so isolated.
I'm sat in the shade writing this, it must be 30 degrees. Most of the group were off walking first thing. Others went a bit later and here we are taking it quietly.
It's a case of recuperating, we've both been struck by what's been described as Montezuma's revenge. So I don't really fancy walking in this heat.
So the place is magical, we'll go for a walk later. But for now, I'll sit and enjoy the view, the birds and the butterflies. They are both very exotic looking. Especially the butterflies and there seems to be dozens of them.
It's 6.30pm now, enjoying the cool of the day. Sat out with a drink (water) and Pips has got a beer. This cheeky monkey has just jumped on the table, pinched a bit of xjeese that was left in the bowl and scooted off. As I said to Pips we ought to be grateful he didn't pinch the binocular case. I was off with those searching.out toucans. They are fantastic birds not least that they can fly. They've given us a show tonight, very impressive.
We've walked and walked today the falls are fantastic, and the walk ways allow you to get so close. It's quire discerning as you are so close to those big drops with millions of gallons.of water thundering over.
This is really a holiday of a lifetime, I bet you will have fabulous memories to bring back with you.
ReplyDeleteThe falls sound really brilliant, it was clearly worth the stop. I like what the Spanish keyboard did to cheese xj being right next store to ch so it was easy to work out.
I hope the 'revenge' passes (pun not intended) soon.
So glad you are enjoying the trip.
I think I've just about seen the end of the.revenge.Thanks to a.veritable medications chest of the Australian couple travelling with us.
ReplyDeleteThis place has been lovely, the peace of the place disturbed only by the incessant roar of the water as it places over the falls.
We had fun with the monkeys clattering over the hotel again this morning. Di, one of the group had her rice cakes stolen, they'd opened the fly screen and went into the room, cheeky devil's.
I've enjoyed the jungle, as the sun set last last I was watching the toucans fly from tree top to tree top. They are very impressive birds, that oversized bright orange beak. They are striking to look at and it's incredible that they can fly really within beak the size it is.
So breakfast complete it's a bit of a leisurely morning before we.leave the peace of this place for the madness of Rio. I am looking forward to the bright lights of Rio though!!!!!
Another great day by the sound of it. The monkeys really do sound like fun. A jungle is such a mysterious place, I remember my first visit to a jungle in Africa - dark and gloomy under the trees, but full of like.
DeleteI think I've just about seen the end of the.revenge.Thanks to a.veritable medications chest of the Australian couple travelling with us.
ReplyDeleteThis place has been lovely, the peace of the place disturbed only by the incessant roar of the water as it places over the falls.
We had fun with the monkeys clattering over the hotel again this morning. Di, one of the group had her rice cakes stolen, they'd opened the fly screen and went into the room, cheeky devil's.
I've enjoyed the jungle, as the sun set last last I was watching the toucans fly from tree top to tree top. They are very impressive birds, that oversized bright orange beak. They are striking to look at and it's incredible that they can fly really within beak the size it is.
So breakfast complete it's a bit of a leisurely morning before we.leave the peace of this place for the madness of Rio. I am looking forward to the bright lights of Rio though!!!!!
I think I've just about seen the end of the.revenge.Thanks to a.veritable medications chest of the Australian couple travelling with us.
ReplyDeleteThis place has been lovely, the peace of the place disturbed only by the incessant roar of the water as it places over the falls.
We had fun with the monkeys clattering over the hotel again this morning. Di, one of the group had her rice cakes stolen, they'd opened the fly screen and went into the room, cheeky devil's.
I've enjoyed the jungle, as the sun set last last I was watching the toucans fly from tree top to tree top. They are very impressive birds, that oversized bright orange beak. They are striking to look at and it's incredible that they can fly really within beak the size it is.
So breakfast complete it's a bit of a leisurely morning before we.leave the peace of this place for the madness of Rio. I am looking forward to the bright lights of Rio though!!!!!
I think I've just about seen the end of the.revenge.Thanks to a.veritable medications chest of the Australian couple travelling with us.
ReplyDeleteThis place has been lovely, the peace of the place disturbed only by the incessant roar of the water as it places over the falls.
We had fun with the monkeys clattering over the hotel again this morning. Di, one of the group had her rice cakes stolen, they'd opened the fly screen and went into the room, cheeky devil's.
I've enjoyed the jungle, as the sun set last last I was watching the toucans fly from tree top to tree top. They are very impressive birds, that oversized bright orange beak. They are striking to look at and it's incredible that they can fly really within beak the size it is.
So breakfast complete it's a bit of a leisurely morning before we.leave the peace of this place for the madness of Rio. I am looking forward to the bright lights of Rio though!!!!!
I think I've just about seen the end of the.revenge.Thanks to a.veritable medications chest of the Australian couple travelling with us.
ReplyDeleteThis place has been lovely, the peace of the place disturbed only by the incessant roar of the water as it places over the falls.
We had fun with the monkeys clattering over the hotel again this morning. Di, one of the group had her rice cakes stolen, they'd opened the fly screen and went into the room, cheeky devil's.
I've enjoyed the jungle, as the sun set last last I was watching the toucans fly from tree top to tree top. They are very impressive birds, that oversized bright orange beak. They are striking to look at and it's incredible that they can fly really within beak the size it is.
So breakfast complete it's a bit of a leisurely morning before we.leave the peace of this place for the madness of Rio. I am looking forward to the bright lights of Rio though!!!!!